A special meal

When I turned 15, my grandmother decided to make a surprise celebration and invite my school friends and neighborhood friends to celebrate. I was taken by two of my neighbors, with whom I used to play a lot at their house, to take a walk and buy an ice cream. My family “stayed home”, but actually went after me to the local to place everything in order for the moment I arrive.

My neighbors were really nervous because, when we were turning around the street, we almost met with my mother and grandmother, but gladly for them I was so distracted that I didn’t notice they were in front of us; but sure I noticed something was weird with my friends.

So, when we arrive to the local, my neighbors leaded me to a dark room where all my friends and family where there. Before I entered the room I hear loud laughs from familiar voices, but of course knowing that my friends lived in other city and probably were not able to travel, I never expected or take seriously the possibility that they actually traveled to celebrate me.

When I joined the room, everybody started to sing the “happy birthday song”. I was really surprised and still feel gratitude towards my family and friends who assisted to that party.
I’m sorry I don’t expound on about food this time, even when it’s the main topic, but I always appreciate the meals I share with people, and I was thinking of the most important events of my life when I remembered this one in specific.

We had a cake baked by my grandmother and decorated by my mother. In the photograph (even when it’s a little dark) there’s my mother holding the cake. I was holding my little sister, she was three by that time, and wanted to blow the candles even when it was not her birthday hahaha. I remember she cried after I blew the candles, and we had to light them up again for her turn to blow the candles.

We also ate an enormous steak, avocado tomato and mayonnaise sandwich. It was delicious. And my mother prepared some desserts as lemon pie for everyone (I recognize the flavor of their meals, so I'm pretty sure whey didn't pay for the lemon pie) and fried fries bought in the local.

As I said, it was not that surprising meal, but it was a special moment that made that meal a special memory in my life

Regards!!

La imagen puede contener: 4 personas

Comments

  1. my sister do the same thing last year, it's very surprised but when the time pass you really look that moment as a great thing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A friend

A City You Would Like To Visit - Moscow

A family photograph