A friend

To talk about lasting friendship at our age is kind of hard to think for me right now. We are young, and most of my life I’ve lived far away from my friend’s houses, so it was hard to spend meaningful time with them out of high school.

Now that I moved to the capital, it’s the inverse; I spend more time with friends, but less time with family.

Ah, a never ending dilemma.

So, if I’m going to talk about a friend I would like to talk about Vania.

We’ve known each other since we were 14 years old (that’s about 8 years of friendship) and we have stayed in each other houses in different situations. For me, someone whose house has always been in other location, having someone who went to visit me and my family was very touching. We became friends, if I’m not wrong, because we used to take the bus together and we sit next to each other the first day of school, and she was new in the classroom. 

Our tastes vary a lot from back then, but we’ve managed to spend time watching each other favorite films and reading books we recommend each other. I started reading Marvel Comics because she liked it and she always hears me when I talk about the series I like (although, I haven’t managed to make her watch an anime with me, but it’s okay, we still watch movies and other series together; I got her into Game of thrones last summer and we watched the last season every Sunday together, crying about the characters and complainig about the story (or it was just me complainig, I don’t know, this season was short and just fanservice)).

She has a very good memory for films dialogues and we’re always acting Disney movies when we send each other messages through whatsapp, or when we call each other.

Also, she was the first person I showed my drawings back then and she always encouraged me to keep drawing and become better. I used to give her lots of drawings when we were younger; it greatly amazed me when she showed me the box where she saved ALL of them, and when I say all of them, it’s All of them, even those ugly sketches I’m embarrassed by now. It’s kind of sad that I don’t draw that much for her… She has told me that nowadays, it’s just that… I become concerned about the quality of the work? Sometimes I prefer to take more time and draw something nice, but at the same time, because of it, times flies away and I’m losing the opportunities to actually DO something nice, instead of, just wishing to do it.

She’s really fond to the Cheshire cat of “Alice in wonderland”; for her birthday, I gave her a plushie and I drew this image for her. I also made her the design of her back tattoo and we’re planning a new one for next summer.



Regards!! 

Comments

  1. I love that you share interests in literature as it's great to discuss the characters with other people. Maybe you could try this Anime with her as a kind of gentle introduction to the genre:)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbtN9HOOqhk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This movie was precious!! I'm not sure if she's gonna say "yes" to watch this movie, but it's actually a good reference (and so well animated)
      Thank you, Simon!

      Delete
  2. hi, I think you have a very nice friendship, and know how to get along very well and find spaces together, I hope some day my best friend decides to see games of thrones with me.

    by the way nice drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your firendship is very cute ! Share the same thing is important but also the little diferences are great for meet more the person !

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's nice friendship!
    I hope that you always maintain friendship<3
    Regards

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A City You Would Like To Visit - Moscow

A family photograph