Free Post - Something you feel passionate about: Playing an instrument

I have always talk about drawing and how I would spend a whole day on it if an interesting idea comes to my mind, but as I am a drawer and aspire to draw comics some day, I also play the clarinet at saxophone, and it has been my second or third love since my teen years.

I started when I was fifteen seven years ago, after the earthquake of February 27 in 2010. I remember, because the School of Musicians collapsed and they moved to a temporal place (that is still the headquarters of the school, sadly). I have to say that, by that time, I just dreamed to design the new building for the School of musicians, because I was just thinking about to join architecture, but under the current circumstances, maybe I will able to properly design the new building and give back something more than all the lessons my professors have given to me this seven years.

I was “old” to learn to play violin or any string instrument back then, so my teacher offered me to learn clarinet instead. I said yes, and it wasn’t that hard to start and read the sheets music, until the fast songs and all the jazz and blues came and I had to practice a lot more to get along with the rest of the players. But, looking back to those days, I don’t regret joining them, and it actually changed my life.

Every parade for May 21 (Glories of the Navy) and for September 18 (Independence Day) I participate with the School of musicians even though I’m not a regular student anymore, because of college, and I enjoy playing the saxophone in those instances. Most people don’t follow the marching rhythm in the parades, but we’re always there, playing, being the “background of the ceremony” with music. But this year was different, somehow. I remember walking at the end of the parade, and everyone who assisted to watch the parade starting clapping really happy of our presentation, saying things like: “You’re always the ones that steal the show!” “You made so well this year!!”

I didn’t remember that recognition from people, but I guess is part of us, right? We all enjoy music and move to those harmonious sounds, from the genre we delight the most and the musician we love the most.


 I really hope I can be able to return (some way, some day) all that has been given to me though music.

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, tocando un instrumento musical y exterior
Also, here's a photo of me in the parade from last year.

Comments

  1. I feel very identify with this, I really love playing instruments :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A friend

A City You Would Like To Visit - Moscow

A family photograph